Forums  

Go Back   Forums > D (18), The Lady's Powder Room & Fashion Boutique

Old 16-04-2021, 03:58 PM

Default Thinking The Unthinkable 4

Moments later I was seated on my transit board and heading out of the police station, soon to be on my way back home, back to where I belong with Hugs. A warm relaxing bath, a glass or two of chilled Pinot Grigio and something delicious to eat, then bed, lots of hugs, cuddles and kisses followed by a snuggled together sleep in a nice warm comfy bed with my Hugs. What more could I possibly want?

E.E.
Old 16-04-2021, 04:11 PM

Default Thinking The Unthinkable 5

Copy of an Email with a web link (Recíd March 15 2020)

Elina, hi.

Hope this meets with your approval, let me know asap if you wish to make changes.

Itís still on our server hence the link(s).

Best wishes,
S.
Old 16-04-2021, 04:41 PM

Default Thinking The Unthinkable 6

Copy of an Email with web links (Recíd March 14 2020)

Hi Elina,

Hope this meets with your approval, let me know asap if you wish to make changes.

Itís still on our server hence the link(s).

Best wishes,
S.
Old 16-04-2021, 04:45 PM

Default Thinking The Unthinkable 7

Thursday March 12 2020 circa 15:30ish, I had received an e-mail from Sophia about ten minutes ago. It was a transcript of a telephone interview I had done with her this morning in which she had asked me to strike through all the text I didn’t wish to be made public. There was quite a lot! I had almost finished as Hugs came in from the kitchen carrying a mug of his freshly brewed, just as he closed the door and got to where his phone lives, it suddenly burst into life. I’m sure he jumped skywards but I was pre-occupied with what I was doing that I wasn’t watching. I always seem to miss the best bits of the day! Hugs had a few words with the caller, then put his hand over the microphone and whispered to me that it was Sophia, asking if it would be convenient for her to pop round. She does an awful lot of popping and for some reason she assumes everyone else is the same. “Yes” I replied “if it’s alright with you.” Obviously it was as Hugs told her to ‘pop’ down whenever she liked. She told Hugs that she’d ‘pop’ round about six-ish.

A few minutes after six there was a knock, knock-knock on the door that signified to us that she had arrived. It never ceases to amaze me how varied the door knocking is. It’s almost like everyone has their own call sign. Julian, our window cleaner knocks twice in close succession, pauses and knocks twice again the same way, while the postman knocks three times in quick succession. By eighteen fifteen we were having a glass of chilled Cabernet Sauvignon each. The conversation virtually resumed where we had left it during the ‘interview’ that is trying to determine what date I was found by the police officers, I had thought it was either March 6 or 7. 28 days equals March 7, 28 nights equals March 6. For some still unknown reason Sophia had thought it was March 11, that’s yesterday! I’ve been back home for a few days I’m sure. We were still trying to reach a date that we agreed on when Hugs, bless him, interrupted and asked Sophia if she would like to stay for dinner. Stupidly I said “Yes, why don’t you? We’d love to have you.” I just knew I’d regret it later. And we both did! She stayed and I regretted it.

We managed to get through dinner without too many awkward questions thanks to Hugs coming to my rescue fairly early on. He talked to her, asking if she had seen or heard from her Norwegian friend Raoul. She spent a fair amount of time (thankfully) talking about him and what he’s been doing and where he was when he did it. Then what she was planning to do and what she and Raoul were planning to do together and of course where. All too soon she was back putting the spotlight on me. I was getting rather fed up, surely she knew the truth. Is it conceivable that she doesn’t? If that is the case then I would have to spell it out to her. I have discovered I am well blessed with patience, however it is not infinite, when I reach the end, like I am now, there is a strong probability I will explode. I lasted a few more seconds before the plug blew off the top of the volcano.

“Do you think at some point before we get too old to care, Sophia,” I began “we both agree that we know it was fake, fiction or a tall tale if you prefer. Surely you must have realised that at the beginning of February it was bloody cold and I’m a creature of comfort. Did you really think that I was huddled in a doorway? Do you honestly think Hugs would have left me there alone in freezing conditions and not cared? No! I was at here at home snuggled up against Hugs in front of the fire. Or snuggled up against him in our warm, comfy bed. Hugs created the poster and emailed you a copy for your use for the front page. I was not ‘found’ because I wasn’t lost, nor were there any police finding me, interviewing me and finally there isn’t a National Missing Doll Hotline, that is another Hugs creation.

I got up from my chair went across to the laptop, fired it up then loaded my email account, selected the one I wanted and displayed it on the screen. “Sophia, will you come over here for a moment,” I asked, “there’s something I want you to see.”

“I quote from your email received Wednesday. January 15, 2020,” I then read aloud what was displayed “...I am truly saddened to learn that you and Hugs have parted and the way it has happened. Elina, truthfully, have you actually asked him about it or have you over-thought something minor and made it major. This is a huge step you are taking, be sure, really sure. I know Hugs loves you very, very much and wouldn’t dream of doing anything that would upset you. Are you convinced there isn’t another more logical explanation. When you came for the weekend late last year you were both devoted to each other. Elina, why not come here for a while, we can discuss it over a few bottles of wine, you’d be most welcome…. Your friend, Sophia.’ You sent this to me before I had left home and was ‘living on the streets.’ Here is my email to you,” I opened one from my sent folder “I sent it on January 12 which coincidentally was a Sunday. Did you think that, if it was true, I had typed February 2 in error, being in such a dreadful, emotional state?” For a few brief moments she was silent as she read the words on the screen.

“Tell me” she asked “how you came up with such an idea?” “Well” I began “I had a wonderful first Christmas and New Year. I was snuggled against Hugs, sitting on his lap and felt totally contented, I think we were watching a film. Then I had a thought, how would I feel if I didn’t believe I was loved any more? The answer to that is wretched. I was beginning to form an idea, but first I needed to discuss it with Hugs. It was the first Sunday in January, Hugs and I had just finished lunch, he’d come in from the kitchen after clearing the table and resumed his position at the table with me as we finished our wine. Then I did something I hadn’t done before “Hugs” I said as I extended my arms towards him, “give me your hands.” He looked puzzled as he placed in hands under mine. “You do this to me when you want my undivided attention, now I’m doing it to you for the same reason.” “OK” he replied then just looked at me and listened intently as I outlined my idea to him.” “So Hugs was aware of this?” “Absolutely, it wouldn’t have worked if he wasn’t. He helped to make it believable, believable to me that is. I had to be convinced that this had actually happened. The make up following my super pampering was his idea. Normally he does my make up just before we start a photo-shoot. That way we can give each other our bedtime and morning kisses. Also when he turned his back on me it wasn’t rejection, I just had to assume it was, in fact he had to turn away otherwise he would kiss me, and that would ruin my lippy. Something we were both trying to avoid. What I didn’t reveal is that when he turned away from me I had my right arm around his waist, he was holding my right hand with his left, his right leg was between mine and I had wrapped my right over and under his leg and his right hand was on my right thigh. It was as far away from rejection as you could get.

I then confessed “It was your invitation to come to you that gave me the notion of including in my story getting on the bus and asking the driver about the cost of the fare to Watchet. That tied it all together rather nicely, as he could be the one who saw my poster and contacted the helpline. Thank you for that idea, Sophia. Finally, will you be giving me an assignment for next month or do you want me to think of something myself again?” Then as a joke I suggested “How about getting lost on a rail journey, especially with platform changes and having to go down and up stairs and along subways?” For the first time since I have known Sophia (a few months) she was speechless, I was sure it wouldn’t last long and it didn’t. “I’ll give it some thought and email you sometime over the weekend.”

Hugs opened another bottle of wine, topped up the three glasses, then suggested to Sophia that it would be better to stay the night with us, instead of risking driving back. She readily agreed. We spent the rest of the evening and some of the night getting rather drunk and having a great time. I don’t know about Hugs, though I’m sure he’d agree I’m really glad that we don’t have to go to work tomorrow. He He He!

Last edited by ELINA; 17-04-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Additional dialogue to clarify certain points not previously explained.
Old 16-04-2021, 05:21 PM

nice new chapter elina we are glad it was only made up and not real.

carlys_guy
Old 17-04-2021, 06:50 AM

Thank you C.G

It was rather difficult to have two different versions of the same 'feature' especially as it was unplanned, but I think I've got there now. Plus the extra dialogue added today clarifies it somewhat. I wonder what assignment Sophia will give me...The trials and tribulations of water skiing in wellies maybe!

Regards

Elina